Hands-on Virtual Workshop: Getting Started with Presto
February 7, 2024 | 10am PT on Zoom
In this workshop you’ll learn the basics of Presto, the open-source SQL query engine. You’ll get Presto running locally on your machine, connect data sources, and run some queries.
This is a beginner-level workshop for software developers and engineers who are new to Presto.
- What is Presto and why you’d use it
- How to write a Presto query
- How to create and deploy a Presto cluster on your machine using Docker
- How to add 2 data sources (MySQL and MongoDB) and query them
- How to create dashboards/visualizations of your data
Note: We intentionally keep these virtual classes small to ensure a good instructor-to-participant ratio. Once we reach capacity, we will close registration and open a waitlist.